Founder and head
of German Tai Chi Forum
born in Rüsselsheim / Main (Germany)
since early childhood: practice of the Asian martial arts Judo and Karate as well as western boxing
graduated from the Max Planck High School in Rüsselsheim
1978 - 1982
before going to Mainz University: intensive training in full-contact Taekwon-Do and Ving Tsun
1976 - 1980
in-depth study of the Spanish flamenco guitar
in the early 80’s: gradual contact with Tai Chi alongside my other external martial arts
1980 - 1987
studied ethnology, geography and Spanish literature at the University of Mainz
began my own systematic teacher-training for Tai Chi and Qi Gong
gained first instructor certification from Chu, King Hung / London
1986 - 1991
ITCCA lecturer for Mainz and Wiesbaden. After my resignation from this organisation I spent time searching for a new master and ran numerous courses in and around Wiesbaden
took over the Wiesbaden Tai Chi School from Hans Peter Fassbender and the ITCCA
opened the much larger Tai Chi School in the Schlichterstrasse
1990 - 2005
numerous trips to France, England, USA, The Far East, Thailand, China to take part in intensive training courses or receive private tuition from a broad range of masters.
withdrew from the ITCCA, an international Tai Chi organisation
founded the German Tai Chi Forum together with Vera Leibold
1992 - 1996
7 television appearances in various health programmes
1994 - heute
more than 100 teachers trained and another 50 given further training at various higher levels
Launch of the Forum’s systematic teacher training programme with the first official Basic Level group
1997 - 2019
continuing twice-weekly work at the specialist psychiatric clinic in Katzenelnbogen/Obertaunus
regular engagement as guest lecturer for antistress training at the FIT-Seminars (44 in all) run by the ADG – Academy of German Cooperative Banks. These are intensive management training courses held at Montabaur Castle. Over 700 highly satisfied participants to date.
1996 - 2005
10 Basic Level Tai Chi groups have completed their training to date.
a further TV appearance in the ZDF (2nd German Channel) health programme “Gourmed” with the well-known TV physician Dr. Gerhard, Mainz
the 9th Basic Level group training course began with a record number of participants
New, open-style training structure introduced – organised in special seminars (modular system). Students can choose their own courses according to their individual preferences and at their own pace. The special seminars are divided into the following fields of study: health exercises, different levels and energetic principles of the Form, weapon forms, partner exercises, martial arts aspects and the three other Chinese internal martial arts.
no longer a regular lecturer at the Wiesbaden school.
First half of 2004: instruction of mini-groups in the internal martial arts, Tai Chi courses, basic long stick techniques and form.
seit Mitte 2004
the Forum is now installed in its new and much more dignified headquarters on the banks of the River Rhine. Master Instructor Volker Jung acquired the premises of a former supermarket in the town of St. Goarshausen in the immediate vicinity of the famous Loreley Rock, with fine views of the Rhine and the ruins of Rheinfels Castle on the opposite bank.
2005 - heute
in January 2005, Volker Jung was appointed lecturer for Body Awareness at the Sutherland College in Schlangenbad. This is presently the only full-time training centre for Osteopaths in Germany. He teaches in various modules of the first two semesters, helping to train and improve the students’ entire body awareness as a basis for their future field of work.
Today, Volker Jung is actively engaged in 8 different fields, including Tai Chi, Qui Gong, Taoist meditation and the internal martial arts:
- Forum Teacher Training and Further Education within the standardised instruction system.
- Tai Chi Intensive Holiday Courses at attractive locations throughout Europe (Spain, Italy, Switzerland, Hungary), with plans for future courses in France and China.
- Manager Training as lecturer for the ADG (Academy of German Cooperative Banks) at Montabaur Castle / located on the A3 Autobahn between Cologne and Wiesbaden. Various teaching engagements at seminars and courses for major companies including Lufthansa, Stinnes Schenker, Degussa, Hilton Hotels world wide, EMC etc.
- Guest Lecturer at the specialist psychiatric clinic in Katzenelnbogen/Taunus
- Training and further education of wellness-trainers and masseurs at 5star wellness hotels.
- Guest lecturer at the Wiesbaden Tai Chi School for advanced students and Tai Chi teachers.
- Author and producer of multimedia educational aids and teaching materials.
- Training and further education of teachers for the 6 Chinese internal martial arts: Tai Chi, Xingyi, Bagua, Liu He Ba Fa, Tongbei Quan and Lan Shou.